Monday 5 January 2015

The Brambles Portfolio

Hello, this week I've been scrapping "The Brambles" which is a favourite topic of mine :) This latest project is a portfolio containing some of the photos I've taken over the last two or three years. All the photos have been processed in Snapseed to give them a slightly vintage or grunge effect. I used the beautiful kit Pot Pourri by DigiFiddle Designs. Also today (Monday 5th January 2015 only) I am Featured Page on Daisytrail with my third layout :) It was a lovely surprise and really made my day!


This kit was just perfect for my portfolio. It's a versatile kit that contains many more embellishments and papers, with a mix of other items such as a teddy bear and a camper van too! And don't forget to check out the DigiFiddle Art Gallery for more inspiration :)

On the front cover I blended a photo of African daisies into the background paper. I used the darker part of the page like it was the binding for the portfolio and added some embellishments. The camera was a perfect finish as the portfolio displays lots of photos that I'd taken :)

The second page I made use of a number of frames and the flower to embellish. The stamp creates a perfect "journal paper" in order to add notes to the pages. Lastly I created some mini flower clusters to just finish it off.

The third page I again used a number of frames. Two of these are masks and after adding the photo I blended them into the background paper using the overlay blend mode. Finishing off with some journaling.

The back cover, as for the front I used a paper that had a darker area that looked like binding. Layering up with a number of embellishments, photos in frames and a touch of journaling to finish.

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this little project and using this kit :) If you've been busy on a project and would like to share please feel free to add a link into the comments, I'd love to take a look :) Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment