Friday 16 January 2015

Honeysuckle

Hello, I hope that everyone is keeping well and crafting lots :) This week I created a page for Daisytrail's Floral Alpha challenge and this week the letter is H and I choose Honeysuckle as my flower to scrap out of the three options given.

Honeysuckle
The magnifier made a perfect frame for my photo of honeysuckle that I took in the garden a couple of years ago. I processed the photo with Snapseed to give it a vintage look so that it would fit in with the page style better.

I blended a number of brushes into the background in the spaces just to add a little extra texture to the paper.

Next I wanted to add some journaling to the page and the two pieces of paper torn from a book were perfect for this. For the flower on the page "stuck down" by tape I used the colour burn blend. And the postcard finished off the rest of my journaling nicely. Finally I embellished with flowers, leaves and insects.

I used two wonderful kits by DigiFiddle DesignsA Fragrant Memory and Dear Diary.

Daisytrail run a number of challenges each month, check out their site for further details.

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely page you did with the Honeysuckle, the blending in the background caught my eye aswell as the lovely layout, as usual your journaling is allways very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do love to experiment with a bit of blending as you never quite know what you will create!

      Delete