Saturday 7 September 2013

Blending - Portland Bill

I created these two pages with the lovely kit, Sea Passages, by StarSongStudio.  I love the paper I used in the Portland Bill layout, a mixture of peeling paint, rust and sea. I used the colour burn blend on the photo of the boats with it and I love the effect. A few elements finished off the layout and I was very pleased with the end result.

Portland Bill
I use the colour burn blend a lot and with the right paper and photo I am never disappointed with the effect it creates.

Before deciding on this combination for the St. Michael's Mount page I tried a few different papers and blends with the photo with varying degrees of success. The final combination was to turn the photo black and white and blend using the darken mode.

As the photo is not bold like the one of the boats above, I have highlighted the main part, the castle,with the frame. Adding elements to finish off the page.

St Michael's Mount

No comments:

Post a Comment